Tours and Rentals
Experience Orpheum History – Tours are Open to the Public!
Take a walking tour of the Orpheum Theatre! Experienced guides highlight architecture, historical facts and tell stories about the Wichita’s premier historic theatre! Each walking tour gives access to the theatre’s interior as well as details and a fascinating historical perspective that patrons never experience when attending an event. The tours give theatre patrons, historians, students and others a personal introduction to our historic gem. Guides spotlight architectural, historic and fun facts about these landmarks, providing an insider’s view to these majestic venues.
Call the Orpheum to schedule your tour today! 316-263-0884.
The cost is a minimum donation of $10 per person.
A Very Special Venue
- The beauty of a historic, atmospheric theatre
- Near-perfect acoustics
- Advertising support via our electronic marquee, offering exposure to 18,000 cars per day passing the intersection of Broadway and 1st
- Advertising support via our website, averaging 6,000 hits per month (with links to your ticket sales and/or your corresponding website)
- No additional charge for front-of-house staff (including ushers, ticket sellers, and ticket takers)
Renting the Theatre
Base rental for the Orpheum Theatre is $2,000 per day. This includes full access to the facility, and full staffing for your event by our friendly staff.
In addition, there is a facility charge based upon ticket sales, with a sliding scale based upon ticket price:
- $1.00 per ticket for each ticket sold up to $10.00
- $2.00 per ticket for each ticket sold over $10.00
Rent the Marquee
Put your name in lights!
Rent the Orpheum marquee for your special message. Or propose to your fiancee – tell that special someone in a unique and endearing way that you love them. It’s the perfect way to let downtown Wichita know about your special ocassion or event.
Package No. 1: $100
Your message will run on the marquee for approximately 30 minutes at a time mutually agreed upon based on the theatre’s schedule. You or your own photographer take the photograph.
Package No. 2: $500
Your message will run on the marquee during the normal show rotation for 24 hours maximum at a time mutually agreed upon according to the theatre’s schedule. Your message will be displayed for 3 second intervals.
The Orpheum Theatre must approve the content of all messages and has the right to refuse a message. Please contact the theatre at (316) 263-0884 for more information.